Don't be scared;Accept help when you need it

Don't be scared;Accept help when you need it

I would like to share a very personal experience that happened a while back to me. It was not so funny then but it’s quite hilarious now. This story begins at the hospital ER.

After some back and forth conversations with the doctor about treatment options LOL.  I am asked to stay on at the hospital for some more monitoring. Honestly, it was more like they told me I was staying on at their “Stress Clinic”.


As they were giving me this delightful news, this is what I was thinking. I’m in a gown, I don’t care, there is a security guard outside my room, he’s old, I can take him. Oh yes and I was thinking these things.
"You have to trust and give in to the process and allow others help you through whatever you might be dealing with."
After accepting that I was going to be their guest and after an entire day of sleeping, I began to join in and accept help from the staff. I found out then just how much you have to trust and give in to the process and allow others help you through whatever you might be dealing with.

It’s not always going to be as extreme as my stay at the “Stress Clinic.” It may be asking a friend to listen to you or joining a support group. Next time you need something ask for it and if someone offers, accept it.

Do you have a story to share? Please tell us about it…..

No comments:

Post a Comment